Sunday, April 22, 2012

Third Times A Charm

For my third opinion I saw Dr. B.  He was a keeper, he immediately put me at ease and told me he did not feel I needed surgery.  As a surgeon, that's how he makes his money, but also as a surgeon he likes to make peoples lives better.  AN surgery is rough, recovery can be hard and the lasting effects (headaches, dizziness, facial weakness, not to mention continued hearing loss) are often worse than the symptoms that lead to the AN's diagnoses in the first place.  He trained with doctors at Hous Clinic, the leading surgery center in the US for AN treatment, but no believes that surgery is always the best answer.  In the case of my small AN he recommends watch and wait, and later radiation if treatment is required.  This philosophy mirrors mine so Ive chosen Dr. B to follow my vpcare and will repeat the MRI in August.  6 months doesn't seem so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment