Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ehhhhh, What's Up, Doc?

On Wednesday, February 15th, I see my first doc.  Dr. M.  I like him well enough, he is a nice enough guy, but he seems so young, I wonder if he is experienced enough.  He says he is around my age, looks at my chart and then says he is a month younger than I.  What.......I'm turning 40 in 3 days, how can this guy be experienced enough in such matters.....okay I'm in denial about just how old 40 really is.  His recommendation is watch and wait, and if needed later, Cyberknife, a form of fractionated radio surgery (radiation).  When I question how many radiated patients he has had that go on to later need surgery, he answers only one.  One out of 20......hmmm, this is a rare tumor, only one in 100,000 people will be diagnosed each year, but I was really hoping he had seen a few more patients.  Still, I like him.  I'll see Dr. H next week and then decide who I like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment